Farmers & Food Producers
Share Your Produce to Help People Facing Hunger
Feeding the Northwest is a produce cooperative that gets Northwest-grown produce from local farms to people facing hunger. Thanks to our food industry partners, we source and distribute millions of pounds of fresh, nutritious fruits and vegetables to the food bank system every year. Feeding the Northwest is a partnership with food banks in Washington, Oregon and Idaho.
How It Works
We work with farmers and food processors like you who want to share your surplus produce. This saves you the hassle of storing, disposing or trying to find a home for wholesome fresh produce.
Why Donate Produce?
You can help feed thousands of people experiencing hunger. Donating produce also has many practical benefits:
- Federal tax incentives
- Reduced storage and disposal costs
- Product pickup
- Protection through the federal Good Samaritan Act
- Feeding the Northwest applies the highest food safety standards
Annual Impact of Donated Produce
- 65.8 million pounds of produce distributed last year
- 55.4 million pounds of Pacific Northwest produce distributed outside the Northwest
- 40.4 million pounds sourced from Washington State farmers
- 132 food banks in 33 states received produce from Feeding the Northwest
Interested in learning more about sharing produce? Farmers, food processors and food industry representatives can contact us by filling out this form, or call us at (509) 999-3097.
EXPLORE FEEDING WASHINGTON
CONTACT FEEDING WASHINGTON
Sign up for email updates